Dunbar SciFest will be held at
Dunbar Primary School,
John Muir Campus,
Dunbar, EH42 1DG
Bleachingfield Community Centre,
Dunbar, EH42 1DX
Map of Dunbar centre. Showing SciFest venue, parking, and train station.
Getting here by Bus
The nearest bus stop is Dunbar Library or alternatively the High Street
X6 and 106 First buses arrive hourly from West Barns, East Linton, Haddington and Edinburgh.
Eve buses (120 and 130) arrive every other hour from Innerwick, Spott, Stenton, West Barns, East Linton and North Berwick
Perryman buses two hourly 253 bus runs from Edinburgh to Berwick via Dunbar and runs through Haddington, East Linton, West Barns, and most towns and villages along the A1 between Dunbar and Berwick.
Getting here by Train
ScotRail trains run from Musselburgh and Edinburgh every 2 hours.
Cross Country trains run at alternate hours to ScotRail from Edinburgh and to Berwick.
Virgin Trains East Coast trains run a few services from Edinburgh and Berwick in the morning and evening on Saturday and northbound Sunday services during the day.
ScotRail timetable contains all trains between Dunbar and Edinburgh. Click here for the timetable.
Click here for Berwick Trains timetable.
Getting here by Car
The nearest Car Park is the Bleachingfield Centre car park. The Bleachingfield Centre has SciFest activities so don't forget to go.
Car parks in Dunbar
- Two supermarket car parks at the end of Friarscroft, off Countess Crescent (opposite the Bleachingfield Centre).
- The Bleaching Field Centre, off Countess Crescent.
- Dunbar Grammar School car park, off Summerfield Road.
- Dunbar Leisure Centre, Victoria Street, off the High Street, enroute to the Harbour.
- Dunbar Harbour, Victoria Place.
- Lauderdale play park, off Bayswell Road.
- Hallhill Healthy Living Centre, accessed through the new housing estate - turn off Spott Road and follow Lochend Road to the end.
- ASDA car park, The Pine Marten car park and the Dunbar Garden Centre car park, off Spott Road from where it’s a 20-25 minute walk to the John Muir Campus (not the Lochend campus) down Kellie Road, past the Hallhill Healthy Living Centre, through the Hallhill tunnel on the other side of the centre and across Countess Road.
- Our Lady of the Waves church car park, off Bayswell Road near Lauderdale play park.
- Dunbar High Street car park, off the High Street in a side street by Splatz Café and soft play.
Disabled car park
This is very small and will be manage to ensure that only disabled badge holders use it. It can be accessed from Countess Crescent, via Countess Avenue, off Countess Road.
Special thanks to Conor Gibson,
a Dunbar Primary School Pupil,
for putting together our Getting Here Guide.